Saturday, November 26, 2011

Fireplace Makeover

Why do we wait so long to do certain things?  For the last 7 years I have wanted to paint my fireplace, every day I would look at that brassy ugliness and tell myself "today I will do it" and I didn't... until today.  The sad thing is, it took me a whopping 20 minutes to complete the ENTIRE thing (which included prepping it with taping everything off).

It was so easy, I just taped the glass off and put newspaper on the brick so I didn't paint that as well.  Once the taping off was complete I used Rustoleum's heat resistant spray paint in black.  A couple of coats later and it was done.  Seriously like 20 minutes tops!  Make sure you open lots of window's, it was a nice day here and the windows were open but I still got a good contact buzz!!

Here are some before and afters!  Next time I won't wait so long to complete such easy tasks!



No comments:

Post a Comment